About Me

My photo
Writer, Facilitator, Teacher, Author, Minister of the Gospel, Soft-skills Consultant

Friday, January 14, 2011

“How to turn your wife into a vision of loveliness!”

Welcome, as we continue with what I believe to be our “Hubbies, Men of God, Can we talk?” series. Today let’s chat about the beauty of a woman.
Kingdoms have been won and lost over a beautiful woman, David became a murderer for the love of Bathsheba, Samson lost both his blessing and his life for a woman named Delilah, and even Abraham lied to two different kings claiming Sarah to be his sister so that they wouldn’t kill him to take her. Men have been captivated by the beauty of women since the beginning of time, scripture points out how the Sons of God (Nephilim) saw the beauty in the daughters of man, married them and had children by them.
If the angels had difficulty staying away from the daughters of man, what hope have we married men? It becomes even more challenging for us because we have a habit of professing marital death out of our mouths. We say things like “I’m just window shopping, but I’m not buying nothing!” But we’re playing with temptation. A wise man once said “If you hang around the barber shop long enough, you’ll eventually get a haircut!”
What can we do to help us through this?
“In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”  Jn 16;23
Yes prayer is the answer; however I’ve found that the key to that answer is the “Whatever you ask” portion. Asking for the right thing for your spirit, you see I use to ask that I remain strong which meant the answer laid on me. Not good since it was one of my weakest points and the enemy knew how to send just what I liked, the way I liked it and at my weakest point.
Petitioning for the right thing allowed me to learn a great lesson, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!” Yes it’s true, take a moment and give it some thought, how many times have you looked at couples and wondered how they ended up together? Take my wife for example, when we first met I never gave her much thought, as a matter of fact she was not what I felt to be my type. But then one night at a friend’s church during Worshiping, while crying and worshiping I open my eyes and felt the Holy Spirit say “Meet your wife!” She was the most amazing thing I’d ever seen, beautiful brown eyes wrapped in a spirit loveliness that had me wondering why God picked me to bless.
So what do I pray for to help me stay focused? Something I read in Proverbs 5:18-19
May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love.
I pray that I remain intoxicated with her love, and for all other woman to pale by comparison in my eyes to her beauty, to let the richness of her spirit wash over me as it did that day when the Holy Spirit introduced us, and the sweetness of her touch provide me comfort. These are the things I needed God to bless me with so I wouldn’t have to think about it when the enemy tries to tempt me, God has placed my spirit on autopilot!
The real joy is when I look across the room and say to myself “My, my, my she is so fine!” Thank you Lord. Her smile still makes me blush and I lose my train of thought, bless you Lord. Her touch across my brow takes away my breath and all my tension, Hallelujah!
So my brothers if you want a Holy Ghost make over for your wives that will turn them into visions of loveliness, ask God to change how you receive them because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Don't forget to join us Monday for the next part of this series, "Being the Head"
“Go out and feed some sheep today!”

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellently written. Sure would like for all the men folks to read this. Minister Jerome keep doing the work of God.

    ReplyDelete