About Me

My photo
Writer, Facilitator, Teacher, Author, Minister of the Gospel, Soft-skills Consultant

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thank God for my enemies!

Our lives can hit a stall because of someone who has hurt or harmed us in our past. The pain we suffer is because we spiritually relive the event and it can cause us to choose and react to the darker side of our being. We tend to hold onto the pain and it gives birth to hatred and/or lack of forgiveness that can block our blessings and place us in a state of rebellion.
Some how it may seem unfair to be the one harmed and considered to be rebellious. But if we are aware of what scripture says and we willfully fail to come in line with it then it is rebellion.
Luke 6:27-28 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.”
Matthew 5:44 “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you”
Depending on your focus, forgiving your enemy can be very difficult, however if we look at the 23rd psalms, we may find some comfort to this dilemma.
You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
God prepares us a table in the presence of our enemies, for two reasons, first so that we can know how special we are to Him that He would choose to honor us before our enemies. Secondly so that the enemy might know that God has chosen us as we have chosen Him and there’s a price to pay when you try to destroy the anointing on His people.
“Do not touch My anointed ones,
      And do My prophets no harm.” 
Remember, “Blessed are you when men revile you for my sake”
Ask your self; If it were not for my enemies, would God need to prepare a place at the table for me? Thank God for my enemies.
Tomorrow will look at “Anoint my head with oil.” Don’t forget to check in!
“Go out and feed some sheep today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment