About Me

My photo
Writer, Facilitator, Teacher, Author, Minister of the Gospel, Soft-skills Consultant

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Earth the Final Destination

I’m saved and I proclaim to be kingdom minded but I’m living like this is my final destination. My prayers are about me and what I need, I’ll bow my head at best while I’m begging for what I want next but I won’t worship God the way He should be worshipped.
I f we take a look at the original translation of the bible we’ll find that the word “Worship” was taken from terms that meant bow down, kneel, and lay prostrate.  We want to dance and shout because it makes us look good and others can see, or because we enjoy the flowing of the Spirit but when do we practice the posture of our destination?
   Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
   To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
   and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
   and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
            So shall it be! Amen.
 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Rev 1:4-8
If you can picture God for who He is then you can feel the need to honor Him in His greatness by giving Him something more of you. When you really care for someone and you see them and give them a warm handshake it feels good. What feels even better is when you can exchange a hearty hug but the best feeling is when in the mist of that hearty hug you add that Holy kiss on the cheek that reeks of your desire that they receive blessings!
Think of it this way, when you bow before God it’s receiving Him with that warm handshake that says “I’m glad to be in your presence. When you kneel before Him it’s that hearty hug that says I love you so much, and when you lay prostrate before Him, it’s that Holy Kiss that says I bless you for being God in my life.
Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
   to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
   and by your will they were created
   and have their being.”
 Rev 4:9-11

Now can’t you just see yourself in the mist?

DESTINATION FOCUSED!

“Go feed some sheep today!”

No comments:

Post a Comment