About Me

My photo
Writer, Facilitator, Teacher, Author, Minister of the Gospel, Soft-skills Consultant

Friday, December 10, 2010

If you wote God a psalm what would it be?

David was a man after God’s own heart, he loved to communicate through poetry, and music. No matter how perilous his circumstances, he never lost faith. His psalms are a rock of inspiration to all of us. Though he was wandering alone as a young man, word of his special harp playing became known far and wide. Eventually, it reached the ears of the servants of King Saul.

“Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him. Saul's attendants said to him, "See, an evil spirit from God is tormenting you. Let our lord command his servants here to search for someone who can play the harp. He will play when the evil spirit from God comes upon you, and you will feel better."  I Samuel 16: 14, 15

As I began to review many of the things that David wrote about, I came to realize that the writings helped to keep him focus on who God was and what He was to David. No one has to tell you how much you love and trust God if you make a habit of telling yourself. This prompted me to write a psalm of my own to God, and I was amazed at what came out of me. However it was wonderful to look at how far I’d come in my relationship with God. Please allow me to share the Psalm of Jerome with you.

My God, You allow me to awaken each day with the gentle breath of life.
My spirit arises in your Grace.
I worship you and I feel the glory of Your Essence as it fills the tabernacle and the heavens bow before you.

You alone are my God and my keeper. My soul rejoices at the mere thought of the sound of Your name. I am grateful for you honor me with a cool drink in a thirsty world.
You stilled me during the billows of my storm; you were my judge in the trials of my enemies.

In my joy I have loved you.
In my weakness I have loved you.
In my laughter I have loved you.
In my tears my love for you overflows Oh Thou Great Jehovah!

Behold the wonder of the Lord in all the earth, the splendor and majesty of the world’s colors testify with boldness to His greatness. I shall bow before His throne and sing of my love for Him, for He is worthy of all I have to give.

I am forever yours; mold me Father for Your purpose and glory that I may be a testimony to your greatness. In you alone I trust.

What if you wrote to God? What would it look like? Try it; write a love letter, poem, sonnet or song to God today. It will bless you!

“Go Out and Feed Some Sheep Today”

No comments:

Post a Comment