About Me

My photo
Writer, Facilitator, Teacher, Author, Minister of the Gospel, Soft-skills Consultant

Monday, December 6, 2010

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send?

One of my favorite scriptures is Isaiah 6 because it speaks to who God is and who we can become in Him. It reminds us of God’s majesty as it describes Him as being high and lifted up with a flowing robe that fills the temple. As I close my eyes I can picture Him sitting on the throne as the seraphim enter and cry out “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” What a glorious sight that must be.

I can’t speak for anyone else but when I look over my life and all that has happened, I often find myself tearing up because I can identify all too well with Isaiah’s statement “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips” But the one thing that causes my emotions to rise is the fact that God loves me enough to sanctify me so that my guilt is taken away and my sin is atoned for, in spite of my past!

So when God asks the question “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” I can honestly have but one answer “Here am I, Send me!”

What will your answer be?

“Feed Some Sheep”

No comments:

Post a Comment