About Me

My photo
Writer, Facilitator, Teacher, Author, Minister of the Gospel, Soft-skills Consultant

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yes, I am different!

If I were a painter, I would have an eye for colors, shades, hues, textures, blends and brush strokes because it would be a part of who I am. Perhaps you are a carpenter:  you would notice a door hung slightly off track, molding that does not butt quite together, the counter top that should have been planed a bit more to make it level or maybe you would offer advice to me about the type of wood needed to cover my basement floor. As a doctor, you would probably feel compelled to suggest something for the nagging cough I have, or share a thought about the pain in my back which seems to point to my herniated disk.
Why is it then, as Christians, we shy away from sharing the Holy Word, laying on of hands for healing or praying with authority for the manifestations of those things needed in the body of Christ? Why do we have a difficult time studying and sharing the Word? What is the reason we can meet for a movie, go shopping or spend 20 to 30 minutes on the phone talking about people and things which add nothing to our lives and can’t get together for a Bible study?
I confess to being a believer and I can quote passages from scripture so well that you will raise your eyebrows in amazement. But step on my foot or hurt my feelings and watch your hair stand on end as my head begins to spin around while I spew forth glimpses of my past pre-saved life!
I should be different… what I say I am should permeate from deep within and radiate around me.  My actions should be loud and my voice gentle.
“You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.” James 2:21-24

I am a believer; look into my eyes and see my compassion, hear my voice speak the essence of life into your situation, touch my hands and feel the anointing of healing power that flows through them, feel my Spirit for the abundance that is offered to all of us by the Holy Spirit dwells within its depths, allow my heart to surround you with the agape love of Him who sent me for it is a just a small glimpse of what He has in store for you.
Yes, I’m different because He who holds me in the palm of His hand is different and He’s waiting for you, come and you’ll never be the same.

"Go out and feed some sheep today"

No comments:

Post a Comment